If you are interested in working with us please call us on 01803 722654 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current CV and covering letter.
Blackness Marine is a fully serviced boatyard situated near Dittisham on the River Dart. We provide storage and dry stack memberships as well as self launching and engineering. Accommodating a vast range of yachts, commercial vessels and motor boats we provide a full complement of services ashore. We have an exciting vacancy to join our busy lifting team as a Boatyard & Drystack Operative.
The role involves moving and launching boats, towing/delivering out to their moorings on the river, servicing our pontoons, maintenance work on yard plant, vessels and equipment, and general yard duties. All applicants must be able to work as part of a team as well as independently, working outside year round.
Requirements for all applicants:
· Full UK driving licence and own transport
· 2 years’ experience in a marina or boatyard/boating environment
· Experience on the water, sailing or motor boating.
Desirable attributes (not essential as full training will be provided and maintained for successful applicants):
· Power boat Level II or above
· Slinging or similar qualifications
· Experience driving plant such as tractors, forklifts, telehandlers etc.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
· Delivering outstanding and professional customer service.
· Carrying out boat lifting, blocking off and other boat movements to a professional standard using a variety of mechanical lifting equipment.
· Providing various other marine related services including collections and deliveries around the river.
· Assisting with plant and site maintenance schedules and servicing as required.
An understanding of boats, ability to deliver great service are essential to work alongside out existing team, as is flexibility for weekend working over the summer months as required.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Rebecca Fry, Manager in the first instance.
Detailed job description available on request of suitable candidates.
Closing date for applications is Friday 25th January 2019 email@example.com.
POST: Full-time, permanent, salary dependant on relevant experience
BENEFITS: Pension, ferry pass (kingswear to Dartmouth), Parking